Friday, April 27, 2018

Interludes - Tropical Beach (1991)

Hello! I recently ordered a tape that I never knew existed until the day I purchased it. It came, and it didn't disappoint. Here we have yet another installment in the always awesome Interludes series. Comforting sounds of the beach - ocean waves, birds, wind. This is mixed with bells and bamboo flute performed by Steven Bergman and John Maragos. Fairly minimal, but very beautiful.

The biggest treat was buying this factory-sealed, as when I opened the big box it came in, I found a promotional flyer that you could write into the New Rochelle NY branch of Great American Audio Corp for a free cassette or a list of their catalogue. Imagine if I wrote it now - and sent it to a now abandoned building! Included at the bottom is a scan of the flyer for curious minds.
                                 
                                            Interludes - Tropical Beach (1991)







3 comments:

  1. Have you ever stumbled on to a blog/website and not known how you got there? Well, this is one of those sites for me and my goodness am I ever glad I did. As an avid fan of ambient/new age music, I am always trying to find music I have never heard before and you're right, before coming to your site I had never even heard of Valley Of The Sun Publishing or the Great American Audio Corp. You truly have posted real gems and I am quite grateful I happened to stumble on your blogspot! Please, oh please, keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one anything from the 80s early 90s gets my attention. I always enjoy your posts and wish you made more of them but I know its time consuming. Thanks for sharing the music with us all! Btw if you like ambient music check out my electronic music on bandcamp under hrresonance.bandcamp.com

    ReplyDelete